Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the TV room

So, here is the room that was originally designated the formal dining and living room. this had to be a joke b/c the room is not very big: 22 feet long and only 11'2" wide. a shoe box basically. this has been the most challenging aspect of redesigning this room so it would be more usable. prior to this, it was mostly storage and a place to put 2 overstuffed sofas that were only $700 for both. bought as interim seating in 1999.

in 2005 we had bamboo hardwood flooring installed, ripping out all the old wall-to-wall carpeting.

in 2006 we painted the room: Cashmere Gray from Benjamin Moore. Love the color and picked everything to coordinate.


the furniture from Room & Board came in July 2008 and we already love the sectional. still playing around with configuration, but it is comfortable and functional, as well as very stylish. God played a little joke on me and the very first night we had it, thomas threw up all over 2 of the cushions (poor little guy was sick and choked on some phlegm). God's way of reminding me that He was only humoring me and to remind me not to value mere furniture over things that are eternal, that everything in this life is temporary except for God's salvation in Jesus Christ. However, I must say that leather is awesome. Those particles of throw-up would never have come out if I had gone with the standard fabric.

the curtains were just installed august 7th. JC Penny had a 60% off retail price sale. coupled with a 10% off friends and family discount, it was a better deal than Costco. the only thing I was not happy with was that they told me they could do a flat ceiling track and they lied. i even had several photos to show them, and the sales rep assured me that it would look like the pictures. NOT! their track is huge! definitely not the cool looking ceiling tracks you see in the magazines. But I have decided that I am not going to look up that high, so it is ok now :)

now we just need to hang the shelf, picture frames and chandelier from Room & Board and the room will be done. Not exactly a $1000 Ikea miracle, but worth the 9 years I have waited to make it happen so I would love the results and not just live with it.
I'll post final pictures, with all the stuff on the piano and under the coffee table cleared when the chandelier is hung. can't wait to see what it looks like out of the box!

1 comment:

Arzed said...

Nice and spacious rooms.. Do check out my blog